Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Late Night Worries

Its funny the things that keep you up at night. I mean its normal to worry about becoming a parent and about your baby, but tonight I am up with the strangest concern...

How do I dress a baby for 90-95 degree heat with 90% humidity when he or she comes in the summer?

I mean, if it was freezing like it was today (35 when walking to school) I can totally picture bundling up a little newborn in hats and a warm jumper with booties. But 95 degrees? Thats hot, I don't even know how to dress myself for that weather. Ick. I guess I won't be outside that much anyway, but what if I have to walk to the grocery store or something? What about going outside in general? Ok I guess just a tshirt onesie (is that what its called?) will work just fine and I can gauge how the baby responds. Or just not go outside until late October.

This is ridiculous, the baby will be fine. Women in Ghana walked around with their little babies attached to them with a cloth outside all the time, and it was the same weather as summer in Atlanta. Time to get sleep.

1 comment:

Christy said...

They have very cute onesies with little matching hats to keep the sun off your sweet baby's head. I also favor those little one-piece shorts outfits (in light cotton fabric), with no waistline to get sweaty and no sleeves to inhibit arm movement. (Thomas might still wear those)

You're going to be a mommy! Just wait and see all the silly stuff you'll worry about.