Wednesday, June 27, 2007

First Weeks as Parents











So I am sure every mother (and father) can identify with the first week or two of parenthood being a whirlwind of learning and emotions. We are adjusting to having a little one in the home. I am really grateful right now to be home resting with Caedmon every day. Unfortunatley Paul was back to work right away, and unfortunately he has to work long long days at the job he is at now, but we are both learning and spending as much time with our little one as possible.




Here is what I love so far:


-Little sighs that Caedmon makes while nursing and afterwards


-The little fleeting smiles that pass his face as he falls asleep when full


-His smell, of course


-The periods of the day when he stares and tries to take in the world around him


-Having a sleepy newborn on my chest.



So far he is really pretty calm. Perhaps I am jinxing things to say that. No matter what happens, Paul and I feel extremely blessed. God has given us a beautiful, healthy child. As my mom told me, my job right now is to just take care of him and myself and to love him. There is no need to be anxious about that. ( I was definitely really nervous last week). Plus I was reassured this last Sunday that God would not give me anything I can't handle. I have all the tools to take care of him: my body, my love, a loving father for him, a safe place to sleep, and lots of support from family and friends.


Here are some fun pictures of our first week! Yes we are obsessed parents.


I did make a baby website for him but I am debating whehter to keep it. They don't allow that many photos to be put on it. We'll see.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW is that my nephew on the surfboard i sent him?! i wasn't sure if you had it already, i assumed that if you saw it, you would have bought it for him, but you can always go and get something else if you already had it!! i am so happy to see more pictures, they never EVER get old, so please keep posting them!! hugs for you all!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to share the joy of "obsessed parents". It is very exciting to see pictures of Caedmon - and of brand new parents, especially when they're people I love so much.
Love,
Audrey

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, the little sufer dude on a sufer blanket how cute! Little Caed is just adorable and so handsome. Don't tell Paul cause he will get a swelled head over it but I think he looks just like his Dad.

Enjoy him and thanks for posting so we all can see your "Gift from God"!

Love you all
Aunt Cheryl

Christy said...

I just have to say that he is soooo beautiful!

You're doing a great job. I remember those sleep smiles. Wait until you get the sleep laughs! (maybe already?)

I think I already said it, but drink it in! It flies by!